Enjoy this quick, healthy meal in 20 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 6 0z. Salmon fillets, skin removed
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2/3 C Fresh orange juice
- 6 Tb. Brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Mustard powder
- 1/4 C Rice vinegar
- 1/2 ea Cucumber, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 8 ea Boston lettuce leaves, thinly sliced
- 8 ea Fresh mint sprigs, torn if large
- 2 Tb Rice vinegar
- 1 ea Orange, peeled and segmented
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, which together the orange juice, sugar, mustard powder, 1/4 cup of the vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Season with a pinch of pepper.
- Heat a broiler. Place the salmon on a baking sheet lined with foil. Brush generously with the glaze. Broil until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes, basting once with remaining glaze.
- Place the cucumber, lettuce, mint, and orange in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and the remaining vinegar, salt, and pepper and toss.
- Plate the salmon and serve with cucumber mint salad.