Submitted by: Donna McAllistar
- 1 cup Butter flavor shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup cooked, mashed, cooled carrots
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Cream shortening and sugar w/ a mixer.
- Add eggs, vanilla, lemon ext and whip it good. .
- Mix in mashed carrots
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Cut into cream mixture.
- Drop by teaspoon on non-stick sheets.
- BAKE 350 DEGREES 15-20 min. Cool on rack.
While first sheet is cooking make the Orange Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp Butter
Mix all ingredients and frost cookies once cooled.