Join our Grocery Team
The Swarthmore Co-op is an award winning, one-of-a-kind cooperative food market in Delaware County looking for a full-time team member for our high-performing Grocery team. We focus on local, organic and sustainable foods, and promoting healthy lifestyles in our community. Our goal is to create a customer shopping experience that is uniquely gratifying, and second to none. Moreover, we offer a friendly, progressive work environment with full benefits, enjoyable teammates, and great learning opportunities. We offer flexible scheduling as well. This role can be a great step in career-building!
Grocery Team Member Role (Full-time)
Our Grocery Team Members ensure that our shoppers are met with a fully-stocked, well-merchandised grocery section that supports healthy living in our community. You’ll —
- Know our full line of healthy food products, our grocery floor lay-out, and safe stocking techniques.
- Make recommendations to customers about the best products to meet individual nutrition and lifestyle needs (we’ll go the extra mile to meet a unique product need for a shopper).
- Learn the basics of creative merchandising for all of our grocery products including dairy, frozen, and general merchandise.
- Ensure that grocery products are stored, organized, stocked and shelved effectively.
- Participate in the selection and marketing of new products, and in planning and ordering.
Benefits for part-time employees include three paid holidays, a generous employee store discount, flexible scheduling, and potential participation in a 401K retirement plan with a Co-op employer match.
What we need from our applicants: We prefer applicants with weekend availability, who are at least 21 years of age, and have a minimum educational level of a high school diploma or GED. These roles involve physical activity including standing, squatting, moving and lifting for continuous periods of up to 4 hours. Basic computer skills are strongly desired.
Are you one of our new Grocery Team Members? Let’s talk!
To apply for this job please visit swarthmore.coop.