Fresh Foods Team Member
The Swarthmore Co-op is an award-winning specialty food market in Delaware County looking for a new part-time Fresh Foods Team Member. Our Co-op team focuses on local, organic and sustainable foods, and the promotion of healthy lifestyles to our community. Our goal is to create a customer shopping experience that is uniquely gratifying, and second to none. We offer a friendly, progressive work environment with competitive pay, great learning opportunities, and strong attention to safe operations.
What is the role?
A Fresh Foods team member’s priority is preparation of great menu dishes for our Prepared Foods and Grab’n Go cases using high-quality ingredients. You’ll ensure that each and every shopper is offered the best signature dishes that the Co-op can create, and is treated with respect, attention, and care. You’ll be mentored by experienced managers and staff, and you’ll provide our shoppers with information and recommendations about foods that meet their individual tastes and dietary needs. This is a fast-growing department at the Co-op!
[Please note that this is not seasonal position, and the Co-op is looking for someone who is available to work throughout the year.]
What you’ll be doing–
- Become familiar with preparation of our signature dishes, ingredients, and other related products.
- Become knowledgeable about weighing, pricing and packaging customer selections properly.
- Maintain a sense of energy in the store by taking initiative to do what’s needed.
- Demonstrate reliability and professionalism in your work habits and appearance.
- Help maintain a clean and well-kept food preparation area in the store.
What you offer in Skills and Qualifications –
- An interest in food preparation and development of culinary skills.
- Some restaurant or other retail food experience, and a strong customer focus.
- An ability to maintain a positive attitude with customers and teammates despite daily pressures.
- Availability to work 15-25 hours during the week and on weekends.
- Prefer applicants who are 21 or older.
- Must have completed a high-school diploma or GED
We offer competitive pay, three paid holidays per year, a generous employee discount, potential eligibility for a 401K plan with an employer match, opportunities for extra holiday pay, and a positive, progressive team environment.
Are you our new Fresh Foods Team Member? Please submit an application and resume. We look forward to meeting you!
The Swarthmore Co-op team values diversity, and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, national heritage, age (over 40), religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. We look forward to meeting you!
To apply for this job please visit swarthmore.coop.