The Swarthmore Co-op is an award-winning, one-of-a-kind specialty food market in Delaware County, and we’re looking for new full-time members for our Customer Service Team. We focus on local, organic and sustainable foods and promotion of healthy lifestyles to our community. We’re most proud of the friendly, progressive team environment that is the foundation of our store. Not a factory, or an impersonal warehouse where you’re a fulfillment drone– we value and work with each individual. Applicants that have weekend availability, and are 21 years of age are appreciated. The Co-op offers competitive compensation, flexible scheduling (we work to adapt to the schedules of our college student team members) full benefits for eligible employees, and an employee discount.
What is your role as a Customer Service/Cashier Team member?
A customer service team member’s priority is precisely that—Customer Service! This Co-op role is central to the Co-op mission, and you’ll ensure that each and every Co-op shopper is treated with respect, attention, and care. As a cashier and customer service team member, you’ll be handling customer purchases, providing information about membership and events, and creating a friendly, local feel for our valued shoppers.
The value that you’ll build for the Co-op —
- Greet and treat customers in a welcoming way, and perform check-out activities for purchases quickly and accurately. .
- Demonstrate reliability and professionalism in your work habits and appearance, and have reliable transportation to the Co-op.
- Help maintain a clean and well-kept environment throughout the store and outside dining areas.
- Accurately handle cash/credit transactions and maintain accountability.
The skills that you bring to the job —
- You have availability to work during the week and on weekends.
- You can maintain a positive, can-do attitude despite daily pressures.
- You easily demonstrate outgoing, professional communication skills.
- You are attentive to detail and accuracy, and don’t mind the daily rigors of handling cash.
- You enjoy and take pride in going the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service.
Desired Background Experience —
- Prefer some cashier experience, and/or other retail experience.
- Possess a high-school diploma or G.E.D. at a minimum. (Must be 18 years old, 21 preferred.)
- Ability to stand, bend, operate check-out system for up to 4 hours continuously.
- Be able to successfully complete specialized compliance training for beer and wine retail transactions.
To apply for this job please visit swarthmore.coop.